About Me

My photo
I'm a loving [although sometimes crazy] wife, a [very] loyal friend, a passionate educator, an involved citizen, a sensitive soul, a faithful Christian, a fiery Aries, and a classy lady.

Monday, January 3, 2011

About a boy. About a girl.

Just over six years ago I met the man I now call my fiance. You should know upfront, this is not a story of love at first sight or any form of a traditional love story. Instead, ours is a story of a persistent and extremely patient man, a very stubborn, career-oriented gal, a pair of Air Force shorts, and some yellow furniture. Let's start this journey with a little bit about who P and I are.

P is this puzzle of man, whose pieces don't really seem to fit until you get to know him. P is one of the most laid back, go with the flow people I've ever met. He is messy, listens to completely obscure bands, has an obsession with crackers, and is color blind. He's also a structured, clean cut, and respectful military man. He is an old hippie dressed in frat boy Polo shirts. He is very private. When he gets mad, he is quiet. He is a pack rat and eats like little kid. He loves with his whole heart. He moved around a lot and makes new friends easily. He knows something about almost everything. He loves sports and the Food Network. He eats lots of meat and very few vegetables. He has never kept up with a bank register of his spending. He is great with technology and is learning how to be a handyman. He is hard to surprise.

I might be the complete opposite of P. I'm probably also a puzzle. I'm fairly high-strung and keep several calendars and to-do lists. I like schedules and clean on Sundays after church. I'm a planner. I listen to mainstream music because my radio tells me to. I love bright colors, but my closet is mostly black, white, and red. My only real food obsession is tater tots. I love my career in a way that is almost obsessive. I forgive quickly and easily. I am an open book with very few regrets. I am a fiercely loyal friend - I'm still friends with my Kindergarten best friend. I've been a pescan vegetarian for three years. I am a saver and balance our checkbook almost daily. My phone frustrates me because it's smarter than me. I hate surprises because they make me anxious.

Maybe when you put our puzzle pieces together, we fit. He randomly sends/gives me flowers and regularly gives me simple, incredibly thoughtful "Because it's [fill in the random day]" gifts. I've learned how to read a book straight through a sporting event on TV (unless it's football, then I'm yelling right along). I'm the only girl he's ever said "I love you" to, and he is the only guy I've ever been willing to move for. Our engagement was the only time he managed to surprise me because he usually gets too excited and spills the beans. It's also the only surprise I've ever loved.

We are far from perfect, but we are definitely meant for each other.

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully written about two incredibly beautiful people. :) Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are pretty apt descriptions of my babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited that this is happening. I need another one. Today. I luff you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!! Follow mine! We have the same background!!!

    ReplyDelete